Soil consumption and rising temperatures are fatal for our country
Vienna (OTS) – The increasing destruction of Austria by building – Austria is here unfortunately European champion in the negative sense – and the rising temperatures are fatal in many respects:
* Zubetonierter soil can not store water, the groundwater level sinks thereby. As a result, lakes such as Lake Neusiedl or former gravel ponds are drying up more and more.
* Soil that has been concreted over cannot store carbon, and temperatures in cities are rising massively.
* Soil that has been concreted over is leading to a further loss of self-sufficiency in regional food.
* Soil that has been concreted over is leading to a massive loss of biodiversity.
* Soil that has been concreted over is depriving us of recreational space.
Soil in Austria must not continue to be negligently destroyed by unbridled construction. Future generations will not be able to foot the bill for this. We therefore need an immediate stop to the construction madness in Austria.
How in the spatial planning more consideration can be taken to our life basis soil and which effects the development and the rising temperatures have, about it inform you in a press discussion:
* Mag. Simon Tschannett, Meteorologe, Stadtklimatologe and managing director Weatherpark GmbH
* Dr. Kurt Weinberger, CEO of Österreichische Hagelversicherung
Date: Friday, July 22, 2022, 10:30 a.m.
Location: Österreichische Hagelversicherung, Lerchengasse 3-5, 1080 Vienna
To participate, please RSVP to [email@example.com] (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org).
We are looking forward to your participation.
Proc. Dr. Mario Winkler
Austrian hail insurance
Austrian hail insurance VVaG
Prok. Dr. Mario Winkler
+43 1 403 16 81-242
OTS-ORIGINALTEXT PRESS RELEASE UNDER EXCLUSIVE CONTENT RESPONSIBILITY OF THE SENDER. www.ots.at
© Copyright APA-OTS Originaltext-Service GmbH and the respective sender
The post Invitation to press briefing appeared first on TOP News Austria – News from Austria and around the world.